EXTERNAL EVENT in collaboration with Arizona K12 Center: Creating a Culture of Achievement with Doug Fisher
SPECIAL EVENT – Creating a Culture of Achievement with Doug Fisher
This event is hosted by the Arizona K12 Center in collaboration with the ADE. Please use the external link provided below to register for this event through the Arizona K12 Center.
The culture of your school should be tangible as you enter the front door of the building. But what does that look and feel like? Is it apparent in your school or district? School improvement efforts must focus on more than just academic goals. The things that make or break your learning community are the intangibles--the relationships and connections that make up its culture.
Join Doug Fisher as he identifies five pillars that are critical to building a culture of achievement in your school or district. They are:
1. Welcome: Imagine if all staff members in your school considered it their job to make every student, parent, and visitor feel noticed, welcomed, and valued.
2. Do no harm: Your school rules should be tools for teaching students to become the moral and ethical citizens you expect them to be.
3. Choice words: When the language students hear helps them tell a story about themselves that is one of possibility and potential, students perform in ways that are consistent with that belief.
4. It is never too late to learn: Can you push students to go beyond the minimum needed to get by, to discover what they are capable of achieving?
5. Best school in the universe: Is your school the best place to teach and learn? The best place to work?
• Learn tools and strategies to create a positive and inviting culture at your school or district.
• Use examples and scenarios to better understand how to create and maintain this culture.
• Learn the what and how of the five pillars that are essential to building a culture of achievement in your school or district.
This event is held in collaboration with the Arizona K-12 Center.