Science Standard Module Training
Children have a natural sense of wonder and curiosity. Scientific inquiry, for young children, is asking questions and seeking answers based on their natural curiosity. Children learn by being actively engaged with hand on experiences, real objects and natural occurrences. In this full day session, participants will actively explore the Science Standard. Through hands on activities, participants will gain practical ideas to use in the classroom to enhance preschool science inquiry.
• Identify the four concepts of the Inquiry strand of the Science Standard
• Identify the concepts of the Inquiry strand of the Science Standard when observing children at play/work
• Identify and apply strategies that can be used to teach
(1) observations, questions, and hypotheses; (2) investigation; (3) analysis and conclusions; and (4) communication
• Describe and design a science-rich environment
• Explain the relationship between Science and all the other Early Learning Standards
• Write an action plan to implement the Science Standard in their classrooms
Yuma County Library
2951 S. 21st Dr
Meeting Room A
Yuma, AZ 85364
Date / Time
Feb 22, 2014
9:00AM - 12:00PM
Information About You
NOTE: Your name on your Name Tag will appear exactly how you type it here.
Title: Teacher/ Administrator/ Higher Ed/ Other
Grade Bands: K5/ 6-8/ HS/ Other
(Do not include dashes.
Enter N/A if you are not an LEA.
Look up CTDS number
LEA/ Charter Holder/ Organization Name
LEA/ Charter Holder/ Organization Address
LEA/ Charter Holder/ Organization City
LEA/ Charter Holder/ Organization State
LEA/ Charter Holder/ Organization Zip Code
LEA/ Charter Holder/ Organization Phone
(Do not include dashes)
LEA/ Charter Holder/ Organization Fax Number
Copyright © 2013 Arizona Department of Education: Information Technology, All Rights Reserved