Building Capacity in Science Instruction through the Framework for K-12 Science Education
2-Day Workshop for Science Educators and Leaders
The workshop is designed to engage educators in developing deep understanding of science teaching and learning consistent with the vision for science education described in the Framework. The focus will be on the NRC Framework for K-12 Science Education and meaningful implementations of science standards for successful student performances in science. See the agenda for more details.
• Rodger Bybee - Director Emeritus BCSSE and Member of NGSS Leadership Team
• Brett Moulding - Member of NRC Framework Committee and NGSS Leadership Team
• Arthur Beauchamp - Director, Sacramento Area Science Project
• Richard Audet - University of Tennessee
• Jennifer Gutierrez - NGSS Writer and Arizona Teacher
• Lacey Wieser - Arizona Department of Education
Who: PK-16+ Educators, Principals, Science Education Leaders, Informal Science Educators, Pre-service and Professional Development Providers.
Where: Mesa Convention Center: 263 N Center Street, Mesa, AZ 85201
Cost: $200 Non-ASTA Members; $180 ASTA Members November 13th & 14th, 2013